Saturday, July 24, 2010

Eve and the Mortal Journey


This last week I noticed a book on my shelf that I have owned for years. I think I started to read it once and for some reason never finished it. But now, it seemed to whisper to me from across the room and so I took it in my hands and opened it's pages, reading, and reading until within one day I had finished it. I know that when we make it known to the Lord, that we are serious about something, He will guide us to where we can find the direction we seek, and I feel this book gave me some beautiful direction. It moved me and encouraged me in this quest of self discovery and in this longing to fulfill my divine purpose. The book is called Eve and the Mortal Journey by Beverly Campbell.

I love this beautiful poem she wrote:

Do divine assignments whisper to you,
Evoking memories of what's yours to do?
Who you are and are to become!
Eternal designs--decrees--welcomed.
Holy daughters of the covenant,
'Tis your season to be strong!

Yours to testify steadfast in Christ--
Unifying, teaching, seeking the light,
Challenge accepted--strength in prayer.
Evincing charity, compassion, care.
Courageous daughters of the covenant.
Joyous reasons to be strong!

Called to be sister, partner and Saint.
"Woman of God," heart never faint.
Priesthood supported--prophets to heed.
Willing to follow, ready to lead.
Beloved daughters of the covenant.
Ever needed to be strong!

Assigned and accepted that noblest of roles:
Creator and keeper of precious souls.
Teaching the gospel--a shield of faith.
Covering, protecting, keeping safe,
Trusted daughters of the covenant,
Blessed reason to be strong.

Claim, then, promises of power and depth.
Sacred oaths pledged and kept.
Queens, priestesses, kingdoms, thrones.
Joyous reunions, eternal homes!
Glorious daughters of the covenant.
This is your season to be strong.

~Beverly Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment